Make a Difference
Keep track of your sponsors
If you decide to sign up sponsors this way, please have them submit their donations onto your fundraising page at the end of the season (BEFORE MARCH 31)
Learn more about the Wrestle for a Cure Campaign, where the funds go, how you're making an impact, and how to earn rewards for your efforts.
Create your fundraising page.
If you haven't yet, your first step to raising donations this wrestling season is to create your own fundraising page. Once your page is live, you will be ready to start collecting donations through it!
- You will be notified by email every time someone donates on your page.
- You can communicate with your donors on your page, in real time.
- Donors automatically receive a tax deductible receipt by email.
- You will be able to see where you rank with other wrestlers across the country.
- You can fundraise with your teammates!
Watch the video below to learn more about the campaign and how to create your fundraising page!
Promote your page!
The best way to boost donations through your fundraising page is to share it online with family, friends, and wrestling fans!
- Wrestlers who share their page on social media raise 80% more than those who don't.
- Sharing your page on Facebook & Twitter is an easy way to spread the word and raise donations.
- You can use social media to keep your donors up to date on how your page is doing.
- Personalized posts tend to have more of an impact on donors. Share why you are wrestling for a cure!
Get your teammates on board!
Together, we can make a BIGGER difference. Spread the word to your teammates and encourage them to join your team fundraising page.
- The team who raises the most donations in a season receives the Pin Cancer Wesson Award & is presented with a plaque.
- The most a team has raised through the Wrestle for a Cure Campaign was done by Horace Mann of NY. (pictured top right) They raised over $30,000 in 2015.
- The 2016 team who raised the most donations was a Missouri Youth Wrestling Club. They raised $20,066 online.
- Two rivals teams from NJ have hosted a Pin Cancer match on their football field each summer for the past 5 years. They have raised over $21,000.
- Teams who share a common goal and do "extra" outside of wrestling tend to build stronger bonds & are more motivated to win throughout the season.
Raise donations, get rewarded!
WHY WE PIN CANCER
Listen in to why some wrestlers are helping Pin Cancer.
SHOP PIN CANCER
Inspire awareness in your wrestling community by rocking the official gear of Pin Cancer!
A MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO
Dan Tramontozzi (left) with his mother Margie Tramontozzi, are pictured presenting a check at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital just 2 months before her passing.
In 2010, when I was 23 years old, I got the news that my mother had been diagnosed with Stage-3c Ovarian Cancer. I can't explain what I felt at that time, but I can tell you I felt like I couldn't do anything to help her.
After her diagnosis, an idea of creating a non-profit using the sport of wrestling to help raise money for cancer research was presented to me. Being affected first hand, I immediately got to work on the idea.
What started out as a local fundraiser in NJ, first selling shirts to generate donations, has now grown into wrestling's largest philanthropic organization. Today, Pin Cancer gives wrestlers an avenue to help those who need it most, children battling cancer.
My mom was our biggest supporter. She would attend most of our events, working the booth, and doing whatever she could to grow the organization that was inspired and created because of her. She passed away in February of 2015 after battling cancer for 5 years. Everyday I think of her when I see wrestlers joining our team, a team that started out as one person. A team that has grown by the thousands, and has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for cancer research.
I want to thank you for visiting this page, because it means you have shown an interest in inspiring awareness and generating funds for cancer research. Myself, and the entire team here at Pin Cancer are ready to get you started!
Yours in wrestling,